The Cacao tree grows in the Peruvian Amazon. Criollo Cacao, well-known as “The King of Cacao”, is a scarce variety product that is valued for its high quality grain with a fine aroma and flavour. Cacao is not only an ingredient, it’s also a superfood itself.
Traditionally used as a medicinal beverage, the cacao fruit is considered to be a natural stimulant with high levels of protein and antioxidants in the form of flavonoids.
Dried Foods Peru is recognized for its high quality and taste. We have many presentations of this wonderful superfood:
• Raw cacao criollo nibs.
• Roasted cacao criollo nibs.
• Cacao criollo nibs sweetened with cane sugar.
• Cacao criollo nibs sweetened with yacon syrup.
• Raw cacao criollo beans.
• Cacao criollo butter.
• Cacao criollo paste.
• Cacao nibs and cacao nibs sweetened with yacon or panela are great options to enjoy and keep with your healthy lifestyle.
You will love our cacao superfoods! In Peru, cacao is cultivated in the jungle of Loreto, San Martín, Ucayali, Huánuco, Junín, Pasco, Madre de Dios, Cusco and Ayacucho.
Cacao contains phytosterols (especially beta-sitosterol) that block the absorption of dietary cholesterol. It also contains polyphenols, antioxidants that prevent atherosclerotic processes. Chocolate is a highly energetic or high-calorie food, so it is recommended in situations that require a concentrated energy intake, as in the case of athletes.
• Cacao is rich in anti-oxidants and minerals.
• It’s a natural anti-depressant and aphrodisiac.
• Increases concentration and alertness
• Enhances the effectiveness of other minerals and nutrients in the body for a healthier life.
Our cacao criollo is harvested in Atalaya, a region in central Peru in the Ucayali department. Our small associate farmers ensure the quality of Dried Foods Peru cacao criollo.
The tropical weather of this region makes it the best place to harvest cacao criollo. Farmers harvest the crop under the organic production and sustainable chain.